IFHE Privacy and General Data Protection Policy - October 2019
Privacy and General Data Protection Declaration
IFHE is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of its members and non-members by ensuring that the security of personal information is maintained within the organisation.
Personal information means information or opinion, true or false, whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity can be reasonably ascertained from that information or opinion.
IFHE only collects and use personal information accordant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- IFHE collects personal data of its members (mandatory entries: name, e-mail address, city, country) and complements them with personal data necessary for membership administration (internal function, type of membership, member since, payment method, payment period).
- These data are used to attain the objective of the Federation which is to promote the science, education, research and communication within the field of Home Economics (see Constitution Section 2) and for membership administration and membership related services (e.g. IFHE Meetings and Activities, IFHE Newsletter).
- Only in legitimate cases as defined by the EU General Data Protection Policy, the IFHE may use the collected data for other purposes. This needs the Executive Committee’s approval.
- The above-mentioned personal data are collected from members on the occasion of the application in an online form.
- Minimum data required for a membership are: name, e-mail, city, country. Other data are optional but limit IFHE’s membership services if not provided.
- Members can access and edit their data in a Members Only Area protected by an individual password.
- With regard to the Federation’s objective (see 2), individual personal data can be viewed by other members in a Members Only Area protected by password. Personal data which can be viewed by others are limited to those justified with regard to the Federation’s objective and are visible only if the member has given consent.
- IFHE forwards personal data to third parties if required for legal reasons (e.g. registration according to the German Civil Code).
- IFHE also uses personal information to forward aggregated information considered to be of professional benefit to the Federation’s objective to organisations such as the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
- Persona data are stored on server hosted by Mittwald GmbH & Co. KG, based on an agreement according to GDPR.
- IFHE publishes personal data in its publications (e.g. Home Economics Newsletter, Press Releases) in the public part of its Website only related to official IFHE Events, if necessary for achieving the Federation’s objectives or if persons are holding an official IFHE Function. The publication of personal information other than name, surname and years of membership needs the concerned person’s consent.
- IFHE will adhere to any request of a concerned person to delete their personal data, based on GDPR.
- Members can withdraw their consent to receive IFHE Mailings (e.g. Newsletter and event invitations).
- Personal data are deleted from the Membership Database with the date the member resigns from the membership or in case of death announced to IFHE.
- Personal data of members who haven’t paid their membership fee are deleted from the active Membership Database.
- Accordant to the regulations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), IFHE upholds an archive containing processes with personal data that are not necessary for active use any more.
- Access to the archive is limited to IFHE Office staff (Executive Director and Data Management Officer).
When collecting, processing and using your personal data, IFHE adheres to the regulation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as described in the IFHE Privacy and General Data Protection Policy.
Data Protection Policy
Responsible body within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the EU Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO):
International Federation for Home Economics (IFHE) e.V.
Your Rights as a Party concerned
You can exercise the following rights at any time using the contact details provided:
- Information about your data stored with us and their processing,
- Correction of incorrect personal data,
- Deletion of your data stored with us,
- Restriction of data processing if we are not yet allowed to delete your data due to legal obligations,
- Objection to the processing of your data with us and
- Data transferability, provided that you have consented to the data processing or have concluded a contract with us.
If you have given us your consent, you can revoke it at any time with effect for the future.
You can contact your local supervisory authority at any time with a complaint. Your competent supervisory authority depends on your state of residence, your work or the alleged infringement. A list of supervisory authorities (for the non-public sector) with addresses can be found at: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html
Purposes of Data Processing by the responsible Body and third Parties
We process your personal data only for the purposes stated in this data protection declaration. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent,
- processing is required to process a contract with you,
- the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation,
the processing is necessary to protect legitimate interests and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data.
Deletion or Blocking of Data
We adhere to the principles of data avoidance and data economy. We therefore only store your personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes stated here or as provided for in the various storage periods provided for by law. After the respective purpose or expiry of these periods, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted as a matter of routine and in accordance with statutory regulations.
Collection of General Information when you visit our Website
When you access our website, information of a general nature is automatically collected by means of a cookie. This information (server log files) includes the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider and similar information. This is exclusively information which does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about your person.
This information is technically necessary in order to correctly deliver the content you have requested from websites and is mandatory when using the Internet.
They are processed in particular for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a trouble-free connection of the website,
- Ensuring a smooth use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest from the aforementioned purposes for data collection. We do not use your data to draw conclusions about you personally. The recipients of the data are only the responsible body and, if applicable, the contract processor.
Anonymous information of this kind may be statistically evaluated by us in order to optimise our Internet presence and the technology behind it.
Like many other websites, we also use so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are transferred from a website server to your hard drive. This automatically provides us with certain data such as IP address, browser used, operating system and your connection to the Internet.
Cookies cannot be used to start programs or to transmit viruses to a computer. Based on the information contained in cookies, we can make navigation easier for you and enable the correct display of our web pages.
Under no circumstances will the data we collect be passed on to third parties or linked to personal data without your consent.
Registration on our Website
When registering to use our personalised services, some personal data is collected, such as name, address, contact and communication data such as telephone number and e-mail address. If you are registered with us, you can access content and services that we only offer to registered users. Registered users also have the option of changing or deleting the data provided during registration at any time if required. Of course, we will also provide you with information about the personal data we have stored about you at any time. We will be happy to correct or delete them at your request, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary. To contact us in this context, please use the contact details given at the end of this data protection declaration.
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods (e.g. SSL) via HTTPS.
Use of Matomo
This website uses Matomo (formerly Piwik), an open source software for statistical analysis of visitor access.
The IP address is made anonymous immediately after processing and before it is stored.