Programme Committee Food Security & Nutrition & Nutritional Health (FSNH)
- Educate IFHE Membership on definitions, strategies, and educational resources to carry out local food security programs.
- Set up a Website with Food Security information and resources for IFHE Membership.
- Evaluate relevant documents, research results.
- Increase the cooperation between IFHE Members, international and national (local) governments, NGOs, agencies, and organisations, such as UN and FAO.
- Contributes to the global questions, discussions and challenges from Home Economics perspectives.
- Strengthens the network of Home Economists who are involved in research, education or health promotion etc. related to food security nutrition or nutritional health.
- Promotes publications and best practices of Home Economists with focus on these topics.
- Advocates for Food Security, Nutrition and Nutritional Health of families and individuals.
"Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical, social and economic access to sufficient safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life."