What is IFHE?
The International Federation for Home Economics is the only worldwide organisation concerned with Home Economics and Consumer Studies.
It was founded in 1908 to serve as a platform for international exchange within the field of Home Economics.
IFHE is an International Non Governmental Organisation (INGO), having consultative status with the United Nations (ECOSOC, FAO, UNESCO, UNICEF) and with the Council of Europe.
Aims of IFHE
- Provide opportunities for Global networking among professionals
- Promote the recognition of Home Economics in the everyday lives of individuals and families
- Promote continuing education in Home Economics
- Provide opportunities through practice, research and professional sharing that lead to improving the quality of everyday life for individuals, families and households worldwide
What does IFHE offer?
- Global networking opportunities
- International Information and Publications e.g. Home Economics News (quarterly)
- Congresses and Workshops
- World Congress every four years
- Council Meeting biennial
- Annual Meeting (Executive and Committees)
- Various events on international, national and regional level
- Representation of Home Economics interests at the international level
- Platform for worldwide research reporting