A task force of Home Economics Switzerland initialises research projects and will install a network of competence in Home Economics.
- Past-Diploma Study in Strategic Facility Management: Entry requirements are University and College Degree, Technical or Vocational School, Professional or Technical Examination, BBT-recognised (accepted) examination for master craftsman`s certificate or equivalent degree and at least 2 years of responsible work activity in the range of Facility Management or expert knowledge with leadership or project management. 3 semesters, in service-studying/extra occupational and modular study.
- Home Economics Manager/Home Economists Manager with "Fachausweis" (FA): Graduation of a triannual vocational training, swiss specific schools or completed 25. year of life and at least 3 years work professional/vocational experiences.
- Facility Management with emphases Hospitality Management, Real Estate Management and Consumer Affairs.
- "Betriebsökonom": 7 semesters with 1 semester industrial placement.
- Home Economics Manager: 4 semesters, practical experience and school education.
- "Betriebsökonom FH" in Facility Management: Post-Diploma-Study, Executive Master of Facility Management, requirement is a degree as Home Economics Manager.
University of Applied Sciences - Job Specialisation:
- After basic education there exist a number of institutions of further education with the final degree of a Swiss Federal accepted diploma, for example studying Nutrition Science and Home Economics at an University of Applied Science. More vocational exams like "Home Economics Manager", "Household Manager", "Home Economics Manager for Hotel and Restaurant Industry" result in Swiss Federal certificates.
- Opportunities for advancement are open after graduation in Further Education: in management position as team leader/group leader, head of department, factory manager, managing director, in fields of work life planning, organisation, design and development, in public and private companies, acting as a consultant for factual issues or teaching, for example in vocational schools.
- Modular Concept of Education: Candidats for a modular concept of education must be operational and active in home economics business. Condition of education is to compile competence/expertise-balances, they list available competences.
- To study "Betriebsökonom (FH) in Facility Management: Vocational (restricted) qualification for university entrance or general qualification for university entrence is required.
The vocational training takes 3 years. Theoretical education includes one day per week at vocational school. Themes are: Catering/Nutrition, Household Service, Washing/Laundry-Accomodation, Visitor-Support, Administration, Health and Social Sciences, Languages and Communication, Society (Law, Politics, Economy, Culture) and Sports. Good performance includes the possibilities to achieve vocational qualification for university entrance (restricted). Degree: federal skills reference in "Home Economics/Home Economist".
Contact person IFHE: Dipl. oec. troph. Monika Albrecht
Contact institution: Helene Karrer-Davaz, Office Hauswirtschaft Schweiz/Home Economics Switzerland
If further, more detailed information is required or you wish to contribute relevant up dated information for Home Economics Education courses in Switzerland, please submit it to the IFHE webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the Overview - Region of Europe